Chinese envoy backs Syria and Lebanon, condemns Israeli policies
The Chinese Special Envoy to the Middle East Wang Shijie has stressed that peace in the region would not be achieved without Syria and Lebanon.
During his talks with Lebanese Premier Rafik al – Hariri and Foreign Minister Jean Obeid on Friday , Shijie reiterated China’s backing of the legitimate rights of Syria and Lebanon and its rejection of the practices that target their sovereignty.
He held Israel responsibility for the escalation of the situation in the region, SANA reported.
- Special UN envoy to Iraq: Israeli policy - ''biggest poison in the region''
- Lebanon's Maronite bishops condemn Israel's strikes on Hezbollah
- Syria backs Baker report on Iraq, regional peace
- Lahoud: Israel would Suffer Consequences of its Aggressive Policies
- Lebanese Water Minister receives Chinese envoy