Chirac Condemns ‘Absurd Cycle of Violence’
French President Jacques Chirac on Wednesday condemned what he described as an "absurd cycle of violence" in the Middle East and criticised the Israeli government for "destroying what subsists of the Palestinian Authority and the Oslo accords."
"To the hateful acts of terrorism in Jerusalem, which France condemns unreservedly, the Israeli government in responding by destroying what subsists of the Palestinian Authority and the Oslo accords," Chirac was quoted by his spokeswoman as telling the French Council of Ministers.
"We have to express formally our rejection of the absurd cycle of violence which is wiping out every hope of peace and reconciliation," he added -- AFP
- Syria says forces to get out of Lebanon after peace achieved
- Chirac Condemns Sharon Visit to Jerusalem Holy Site
- Chirac Urges '\'Direct, Unconditional'\' Meeting Between Sharon and Arafat
- French PM Complains of ‘Imbalance,’ ‘Repression’ in Mideast Violence
- Following Gaza raid: Mubarak lashes out at Sharon