Chirac in Washington and Ottawa Next Week
French President Jacques Chirac will travel to the United States and Canada next week, in his role as president of the European Union, his office announced on Friday.
Chirac is due in Washington on Monday and in Ottawa on Tuesday to participate in the EU-US and EU-Canadian summits, his office said.
The French president also hopes to meet US President-elect George W. Bush while in Washington, a European official in Ottawa said Thursday.
Chirac and Chretien are due to discuss ties with Washington and Russia, said the diplomat, who asked not to be named -- PARIS (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- EU Trusts US President-Elect Bush, Praises Clinton
- Chirac stresses importance of economic aid to Palestinians
- Saudi Foreign Minister, French President discuss Mid-East situation
- British PM Blair Arrives in Paris for Talks With Chirac
- Arafat to Push European Union to Recognize State during Visit to France