Cholesterol Risk Probed at Seminar in Bahrain
High blood cholesterol levels, which are a major risk factor for heart attacks, can be combated by effective drugs, says UAE-based Al Jazira Hospital consultant cardiologist Wael Al Mahmeed, quoted by Bahrain’s Gulf Daily News.
He was speaking at a seminar on Aggressive Lipids Lowering Benefits, organized by Pfizer Middle East at Le Royal Meridien Hotel in Manama.
Al Mahmeed highlighted at the seminar the various aspects of treatment of cholesterol and their implications.
He said very effective drugs were now available for treatment of hypercholesterolemia.
Experts were also quoted as saying that a high level of cholesterol was one of the major causes of vascular occlusion, as well as cardio-cerebro-vascular diseases.
People should take special precautions with their diet, by avoiding food rich in fat, he added.
If the cholesterol level does not reduce with diet and exercise, then people should go for medication, they said – Albawaba.com
- HMC Raises Public Awareness About Heart Disease and Hyperlipidemia
- Heart care research achieves twin findings
- UAE Heart Network leads Dubai’s World Diabetes Day on Nov 27
- More than half of Gulf population suffering from abnormal cholesterol levels, increasing risk of heart diseases
- Surprising Foods for the Heart