Christian Patriarchs of Jerusalem Want Representation in Camp David
The Catholic, Greek Orthodox and Armenian patriarchs of Jerusalem want representatives of their churches to be involved in the Camp David summit, they said in an open letter issued here Wednesday.
They also said that the Christian quarters of Jerusalem's old city should not be separated from each other in any deal reached on the status of the city.
The letter was addressed to US President Bill Clinton, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak and Palestinian president Yasser Arafat - OCCUPIED JERUSALEM (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Christian Patriarchs to Meet Palestinian Officials to Discuss Summit Talks
- Camp David Summit Fails, but Clinton Insists Progress was Made
- William Quandt: Clinton’s Remark on Moving the Embassy to Jerusalem ‘was a Big Mistake’
- Arafat Meets Saudi Leaders to Mobilize Arab States on Jerusalem
- New Greek Orthodox Patriarch of Jerusalem Elected