CIA: Hizbullah to attack US, Israeli targets if Syria, Iran invaded
The U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) has warned that Hizbullah would launch a war of "terror" against US and Israeli interests around the globe if either Syria, or Iran, or both, are attacked or invaded like Iraq.
This warning came in a testimony made by CIA chief, George Tenet, to the Senate Select Intelligence Committee at the U.S. Congress in Washington on Tuesday.
According to Tenet, the Bush administration's war against global terrorism had made "important inroads" in the past two years.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli press: Jordanian king says Syria, Iran and Hizbullah threatens Middle East stability
- CIA Boss: U.S. Faces Dangers Beyond al Qaeda; Iran and Iraq Pursuing Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Senate report: CIA overstated case against Saddam Hussein
- Israeli Army Intelligence chief: Hizbullah plans “unique” attacks
- Sources: Israel warned Syria over possible Hizbullah attacks