Cisco to Help Bolster Egyptian IT Skills
With the ultimate goal of making Egypt the first Cisco Network Training Hub for the Arab and African region, the human-resources development program set an objective to establish regional and local training academies for potential Egyptian IT engineers, Egypt World PC reported.
Both Ahmed Nazif, Egypt's minister of communications and information technology, and Cisco International's regional director, Rowland Griffiths, recently signed an agreement to proactively address Egypt's lack of skilled IT engineers, the magazine added.
The two-part agreement consists of a technology-planning program, a $1 billion, three-year investment program aimed at establishing an Egyptian high-speed telecommunications network and a human-resources development program, World PC said - Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Egyptian Gov't Launches Program to Set Up High-Speed IT Network
- Online Recruitment Company to Manage IT Training Program in Egypt
- Cisco Networking Academy Program is keen to graduate 500,000 trainees from 10,000 Academies by the year 2010 in the MEA region
- Batelco Offers CCNA Scholarships to Four Unemployed Girls
- Minister: Mubarak Envisions Egypt as IT Exporter