Civil Defense Officers And Firefighters Honored
Civil Defense officers and firefighters were honored on Saturday for their quick action in controlling a major fire in a tower building, according to Gulf News.
The City Civil Defense Director, Colonel Faraj Saeed Mubarak, honored them at the Civil Defense General Directorate.
The officers and firefighters were presented with certificates of appreciation for evacuating residents from Salam Tower on Salam Street on January 16. “It was a great effort in controlling the fire and quickly evacuating residents,” Colonel Mubarak said.
Amongst those honored was Major Salem Al Bareikhi, head of operations at the City Civil Defense, who was in charge of the operation.
The fire started on the 16th floor due to a short circuit in the central air-conditioning wiring system. Frantic residents escaped unhurt before thick smoke filled almost half the building. The fire raced through the 15th floor and reached the 18th floor as smoke rapidly spread through kitchen and bathroom ventilation. All personnel of the City Civil Defense station were deployed to the task. (Albawaba.com)
- Twin boys, 3, die in Fujairah fire
- State-of-the-art fire-fighting technology to be launched at Intersec 2007
- Jordanian bread-hungry Bedouins' civilized Riots versus British tea-sipping Hooligans
- Dubai Government offices support Small and Medium Enterprises with AED40 million worth contracts
- Boeing Names Muilenburg Chief Executive Officer