Clashes in West Bank and Gaza: Three Palestinians, three Israelis killed
At the northern border of the Gaza Strip, a Palestinian opened fire at the Karni industrial zone crossing, killing two Israelis and injuring three others. The Palestinian, a Hamas member, was killed by Israeli soldiers.
Earlier, clashes were reported Tuesday morning in the West Bank city of Nablus, during an Israeli raid. The violence erupted near the site of An Najah University in Nablus, Palestinian reports said. Israel Radio said soldiers were surrounding a building in the western part of the city. According to various reports, at least one Palestinian fighter and one Israeli officer were killed in the firefight.
Meanwhile, Israeli forces arrested Kamal Abu Hanesh, the commander of the military wing of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine in Nablus, Israel Radio reported.
Israeli troops also arrested five Palestinians overnight in Nablus and Tamun, southeast of Jenin.
Elsewhere in the West Bank, the Israeli army destroyed overnight the Hebron house of Hamas activist Alaa Natshe, who attempted to carry out a shooting attack in Kiryat Arba nine days ago, Israeli reports said.
In the Gaza Strip, a Palestinian was killed by Israeli tank fire in Rafah overnight, Palestinian medics said Tuesday.
Abu al-Hamid Abu al-Aish, 32, was killed in the Tel al-Sultan district of the city, the sources said.
- Three Palestinians, Israeli soldier killed in Gaza Strip, West Bank
- Israeli fire kills two Hamas activists
- Six Palestinians, two Israeli soldiers killed in West Bank and Gaza Strip
- 23 Palestinians detained by Israel since Tuesday as spate of clashes leaves several injured, two dead
- Islamic Jihad member killed, two Israeli soldiers wounded in West Bank raid as Israeli Air Force targets Gaza Strip