Clinton Praises Islam as Source of Strength, Guidance
US president Bill Clinton has praised Islam as one of the most prominent religions in the world and said it has become a source of strength and guidance to millions of Americans, reported Saudi Press Agency (SPA) Saturday.
President Clinton made his remarks in a message of greetings to the ninth annual congress of American Muslim Council, which started its meetings in Washington on Thursday, according to the Agency.
In the letter, Clinton commended the efforts of the leaders of American Muslim council as “a valuable contribution to the American life.”
Members of the council began their activities by a visit to the Capitol Hill, where they met a number of senate and house members and discussed with them topics of interest to Muslims in the United States in the field of education and immigration as well as causes of interests to Muslims worldwide such as the issues of the occupied Jerusalem, Kashmir and economic sanctions on Iraq, said SPA – Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Clinton Sends World Muslims a Message of Respect as Ramadan Begins
- Arafat invited to meet Clinton in Washington on Thursday
- Clinton: Muslims have ''distorted'' outlook on US
- American Muslims: ‘No One has Right to Sign away Islamic Rights in Jerusalem’
- Arafat Hopes Clinton will Participate in Palestinian Independence Day