CNBC Arabiya launches Innovative New Program Schedule
The region’s first and premier 24-hour live-broadcast, Arabic Business TV channel, CNBC Arabiya, has re-launched to include 12 brand new programs.
The dedication to arenas such as women in business, the environment and private equity comes as the station moves to a more creative and interactive program schedule.
CNBC Arabiya, which celebrates its fifth anniversary this year, builds on its strengths as the preeminent business channel in the Middle East by adding a host of new programs. The aim of the new programming is to improve the viewer experience through relevant, high quality journalism, in-depth analysis and first rate coverage of issues and events and also to encourage viewers to interact with the station via phone and email.
“We are experiencing an era of economic change for businesses, markets and funds in the Middle East. CNBC Arabiya is an influential, real-time and accountable TV station at the forefront of reporting the regional and global news. Through the re-launch, we will provide innovative content for our viewers offering a fresh, new perspective,” says Steven F. Hall, CEO, CNBC Arabiya.
Al Bousalla, which means ‘Compass’ in English, is the brand new CNBC Arabiya anchor show airing Sundays to Thursdays 9am to 2pm (KSA time). The show acts as a platform for guest speakers, features breaking news stories with live commentary and covers all business news affecting both the region and the world.
Ma’ahonna airs on Saturdays at 8pm (KSA time). The weekly show, the first show of its kind for CNBC Arabiya, highlights and celebrates successful women within the GCC and Arab business arena. It includes interviews, profiles, insight and commentary through one-on-one interviews.
Bil Akhdar focuses on environmental issues impacting the business world, green industry, new sustainable initiatives and companies spearheading the green movement. Green Business broadcasts details regarding legislation and guidelines, offering advice to companies seeking to make their business more eco-friendly. The weekly show airs on Sundays at 8pm (KSA time).
Salat Al Bada’ael reports the latest news on buyouts, venture capital, hedge funds and growth capital affecting the world of finance. The weekly show, Wednesdays at 8pm (KSA time), discusses the most pressing issues affecting the private equity marketplace.
Amwalokom is an interactive show providing viewers with sound advice on financial investment and consumption trends. The show also focuses on personal loans and family expenses, and analyzes current investment trends.
• Fil Omoq (‘In-depth’ in English) puts viewers face to face with the region’s decision makers and learn how they made it to where they are today.
• Murabaha (‘Shari’a-Compliant Finance’ in English) covers the diverse world of Shari’a-compliant business and finance, highlighting the developments and various sectors that fall under its umbrella
• Qabel Al Tadawul (‘Prior to Trading’ in English) prepares viewers first thing in the morning for the trading day with updates, announcements and an overview of the financial scene.
• Masareef (‘Expenses’ in English) tackles day- to-day consumer issues and sheds light on consumer consumption habits; how to guard their rights; and governments’ role to protect them from monopolies and trade abuse.
• Ara’a Wa Mou’ashirat (‘Signs & Indices’ in English) tackles legislative and regulatory issues related to the various Securities & Commodities Authorities (SCA) within the region. The show aims to protect investors from the pitfalls of entering stock markets and discusses the similarities and differences among various markets.
Al Hassila, which means ‘The Harvest’ in English, is the second new and exciting anchor show. It summarizes the day’s activities, with a look ahead at the news affecting the next work day in a vibrant, exciting manner.
Along with a new programming schedule, the CNBC Arabiya re-launch reveals a brand new studio layout with more capacity for live links. The re-designed CNBC Arabiya website will act as a genuine financial portal to cover stock markets, news alerts and breaking business news.
It also will let viewers download features and comment on the latest stories and issues affecting them.
“CNBC Arabiya is the leader in Middle East business news and reaches over 50 million households through ArabSat & NileSat. The new programming schedule will benefit our viewers with content dedicated to new arenas such as the environment, women’s issues, and private equity. We also encourage more viewer-led content via, our upcoming revamped website, and calls to our studios,” says Mohammad Abdullah, CNBC Arabiya Executive Vice President.
- CNBC Arabiya Names Steven F. Hall Chief Executive Officer
- CNBC Arabiya Unveils Interactive Financial Portal
- Event re scheduled: Smartworld
- Media to Play Greater Role in Increasing the Region’s Environmental Awareness
- Al Arabiya business programs offer practical advice on financial matters ranging from personal budgets to investment strategies