Cohen Denies US Bias with Israel
US Defense Secretary William Cohen rejected the allegation voiced by Palestinians and other Arab leaders that the United States of America was giving Israel preferential treatment in the latest conflict, reported the Jerusalem Post Wednesday.
"The United States,” the secretary said “holds dear all human life.”
Cohen, quoted by the daily, added “We want to see a cessation of violence on both sides."
Cohen is due in Israel later on Wednesday in the final stop in his Middle East trip.
The United States of America has been subjected to a wave of accusations saying the world number one power adopts a double standard policy regarding issues in the Middle East, hence, giving Israel the preference – Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Mubarak: Egyptian Envoy will Return to Israel When Violence Stops
- Cohen Calls For End to Middle East Fighting, Return to Bargaining Table
- Saudi Press Urges Washington to be Impartial on Middle East Violence
- Cohen to Leave Wednesday for Gulf, Middle East Trip
- Iraq: Cohen Tour Aimed at Breaking Arab Solidarity