\'Collaborators\' Assassinate Head of Palestine\'s TV and Radio in Gaza
General coordinator of Palestine's radio and television, Hisham Makki, was assassinated Wednesday in Gaza by "collaborators," a statement by the Palestinian leadership was quoted by the state-run TV as saying.
The statement said Makki was killed by "criminal traitors," adding that "security forces were chasing them."
According to AFP, three masked gunmen killed the media chief.
One of Makki's bodyguards told the agency that the gunmen opened fire on the media chief as he was coming out of Gaza City's Beach Hotel before fleeing the scene.
Gaza City's Shifa hospital told AFP that Makki was shot more than once and that he died instantly -- Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Masked Gunmen Assassinate Head of Palestinian Radio and Television
- Israel Denies Involvement in Assassination of Palestine\'s TV and Radio\'s Chief
- \'Martyrs of Al-Aqsa\' Brigades Claim Responsibility for Assassination of Media Top official
- Gaza Strip: Palestinians kill two collaborators
- Gaza: Commander of Palestinian police escapes assassination attempt