Composer Chopin’s Commemorative week
Zaki Nassif Music Program will be hosting the Chopin Commemorative Week on the bicentenary of Frederic Chopin’s birthday between April 30 and May 6 at the American University in Beirut.
The celebrations begin with a recital by American University of Beirut pianists featuring the music of Chopin on Friday April 30 at 8:00pm in the Assembly Hall.
Pierre Azoury, author of Chopin Through his Contemporaries: Friends, Lovers, Rivals will be inaugurating a Chopin exhibition as well as presenting a lecture and holding a discussion focused on his book. A Professor of Mechanical Engineering at the AUB, Azoury is an amateur pianist and composer at Societe des Auteurs, Compositeurs et Editeurs de Musique in Paris.
The week will also include a recital by the award winning pianist Tatiana Primak-Khoury. Ukrainian-born Primak-Khoury is currently Professor of Piano at the Conservatoire Superior de Musique in Lebanon and a regular on the Lebanese stage as well as internationally.
The Zaki Nassif Music Program, at the AUB’s faculty of Arts and Sciences was established in memory of Zaki Nassif. Created to ‘keep Zaki Nassif’s music alive,’ the program regularly organizes musical events.
- RYMCO-Saadeh Abou Nassif Scholarship Fund Established
- Russian master pianist in Cairo for a bit of Chopin
- Two of the world’s best young piano virtuosi heading to Abu Dhabi Festival 2010 for Chopin Bicentennial celebrations
- Zaki Nassif Music Program honors winners of 2010 music competition
- Nobuyuki Tsujii Inspires Abu Dhabi With Virtuoso Piano Recital