Conference on history of Morocco and Portugal
A conference on the history of Morocco and Portugal, organized by the Portuguese Cultural Center (the Institute Camoes), will be held between March 21 and March 23 in two different locations, in Casablanca and in El Jadida. <i>Emarrakech</i> reports that this event was initiated by the Hassan II-Aďn Chok University in Casablanca, the Chouaďb Doukkali University in El Jadida and the University of Lisbon.
Several academicians, historians and researchers such as Jorge Forjaz, Joao Paulo Oliveira, Ahmed Boucharb, Hassan Figuigui, Mohamed Fatha and Mohamed Salh, will take part in the event. The conference will focus on several topics, including "Morocco before the Portuguese conquest: structures and realities", "Moroccan cities in the Portuguese press", "Portuguese military architecture in Morocco" and "Islamic influence in Algarve after the Christian conquest".
- EU grants 438,228 Euros to the University of Chouaib Doukkali
- Emirates raises commitment to Portugal with Benfica Shirt Sponsorship
- Lights, Camera, Action: Luxor makes history with its first Egyptian and European film festival
- Conference on “Sufism in Southern Morocco” to start
- International Conference on Communication Systems ends in Hammamet