Contest Awards IT Equipment to UAE Schools With Best Websites
The UAE’s Ministry of Education, Al Yousuf IT Companies and Intel Corporation announced the four winners of "Best School Website Competition" at a ceremony held in Dubai on Wednesday.
The Al Yousef firm will award each of the four winners an internet lab housing 12 personal computers, a server and a computer hub, according to a joint statement.
For its part, Intel will give each member of the winning teams a personal computer.
Intel will also train teachers of the winning schools to integrate the "Teach to the Future" IT curriculum, part of Intel's “Innovation in Education” initiative.
The UAE schools will be the first in the Middle East to benefit from this worldwide Intel initiative, the statement said.
The competition was designed not only to increase the level of internet and IT knowledge of young adults, but also to help them develop their computer skills in today's changing digital economy.
A ministry of education official, Ahmed Saad Al Sherif, hailed the initiative for encouraging "the young generation to embrace IT.”
Meanwhile, Gilbert Lacroix, Intel's general manager for the Middle East and Africa, said that “we are pleased to offer the winning schools our latest PC and networking products."
The winners of the competition, which was launched last October and attracted 118 entrants, are Abu Dhabi Secondary School, Oqba Ibn Nafii, The Modern High School, and Al Ittihad (Al Mamzar) - Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Intel® Teach To The Future to bolster UAE Curriculum - ADEZ and Intel sign MoU to implement professional training program across all Abu Dhabi school
- Intel Launches Pentium 4 Processor in Middle East
- Intel Introduces Core™ i7, Xeon® 3400
- SAUDI COMPANY OBEIKAN TO DEVELOP E-LEARNING PORTAL UTILIZING INTEL’S School Learning Software
- Winners of Panasonic’s 2009 KWN Programme Honoured at Award Ceremony