Contribution of Moroccan Jews to cultural heritage
Andre Azoulay, the Moroccan King advisor, chaired on Thursday June 2, in Tetouan, a conference concerning "Moroccan Andalusian music and the contribution of Moroccan Jewish musicians". The conference was initiated by the agency for economic and social promotion and development of Morocco’s Northern provinces and by the Edmond Amran El Maleh foundation.
<i>EMarrakech</i> reports that all speakers were unanimous regarding the important contribution that Moroccan Jewish artists made to the kingdom's culture inheritance and in particular to the Andalusian music.
- Egypt's Hayy Music Festival proves super successful despite political turmoil
- Sheikh Zayed Hailed by Unesco Chief
- Take your pick! Here's what's going down in Egypt this week: March 23-30
- Moroccan Speaker Confers with Japanese Economic Mission
- Farid al Atrash Honored by Palestine, Assailed by Israeli Press