Court to Look into Banned Weeklies Case Friday in Rabat
The Rabat administrative court delayed till Friday scrutiny in the case of the banned weeklies “Le Journal” and “Assahifa”, Maghrib Agency Press (MAP) reported Wednesday.
The decision was made Wednesday to give defense attorneys time to prepare their case before pleading, the agency said.
Heads of the two publications went to the administrative court to protest the government ban of the weeklies on grounds they harmed “political foundations” of the country when they published a letter by Fqih Basri on involvement of “symbols of the nation” in the aborted coup of 1972, MAP added -- Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Two Moroccan Newspapers Take Government to Court over Ban
- Casablanca Public Prosecutor Office to Deliver Receipt for Publishing new Papers
- Press Watchdog Asks Moroccan King to Intervene in Newspaper Ban
- Moroccan Newspapers to Appeal Government Ban in Supreme Court
- Egypt: Court allows gas exports to Israel