The Crush of Ideologies: US, Arab World, and Cold War Modernization
The Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud Center for American Studies and Research at AUB is organizing a lecture by Nathan Citino entitled "The 'Crush' of Ideologies: The United States, the Arab World, and Cold War Modernization."
The lecture will take place on March 23 at 6:00 pm in West Hall, Auditorium A
Professor Nathan CitinoNathan J. Citino is an associate professor of history at Colorado State University. His book, From Arab Nationalism to OPEC: Eisenhower, King Saud, and the Making of U.S.-Saudi Relations, was just published in a second edition by Indiana University Press. His other scholarship has appeared in Diplomatic History, Diplomacy & Statecraft, the Arab Studies Journal, and the International Journal of Middle East Studies.
- AUB to hold two public panels on March 10 promoting Islamic-Western understanding
- Anthropologist Nadia Abu El Haj to lecture at AUB
- American Studies Conference at AUB to Focus on connections and ruptures between America and the Middle East
- A lecture entitled, "Can Islamic Law be Reformed?" to be held tomorrow
- Renowned Middle East Studies Professor Bernard Lewis to Deliver Keynote Speech at ASMEA's Annual Conference