Cyprus Foreign Minister visits the United States for talks with senior US, UN officials
Cyprus Foreign Minister Georgios Iacovou is to leave Sunday for the United States, where he is to hold meetings with high-level UN and US officials, the official Cyprus News Agency reported.
An official press release, quoted by CNA, said Iacovou would visit New York from June 8 to 10, where he will meet with UN Secretary General Kofi Annan, President of the UN General Assembly Jan Kavan, Deputy UN Secretary General Sir Kieran Prendergast and Annan's Special Adviser on Cyprus Alvaro de Soto.
Moreover, Iacovou will also meet with the Representatives of the five permanent members of the Security Council, and is to sign the International Criminal Court's Agreement on Privileges and Immunities.
The Cypriot Minister will then visit Washington from June 10-14, CNA added, where he will hold meetings with US Vice President Dick Cheney, Secretary of State Colin Powell, National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice and the Speaker of the US House of Representatives, Dennis Hastert. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Cyprus Foreign Minister details messages conveyed by United Nations Secretary General
- British senior official visits Cyprus
- Cyprus Foreign Minister meets UN official for talks in Geneva
- Turkish Foreign Minister visits US for talks on Cyprus
- US top official visits Syria; holds talks with Foreign Minister