Cyprus, Lebanon Change to Winter Time
Cyprus and Lebanon move clocks back an hour overnight Saturday to Sunday, to two hours ahead of GMT, instead of three, authorities in both countries said.
Residents of both countries must put their watches back an hour at midnight.
The two countries are the last in the Middle East to shift to winter time, following Iran, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Israel and Iraq, who changed in late September or early October.
The Gulf monarchies, along with Yemen, Libya and Sudan, have not adopted the switch to winter hours – NICOSIA (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran: Clocks to be Adjusted one Hour Behind at 24:00 hrs Wednesday
- Cyprus Airways to embrace Lebanon’s open skies
- US, Canada Switch to Winter Time Early Sunday
- Lufthansa German Airlines to offer shorter travel time due to flight schedule change in Lebanon
- Fitch changes rating outlook on Bank Of Cyprus to negative