Daesh claims suicide bombing at Yemen army camp

AFP reports that Daesh claimed responsibility for the suicide bombing in Aden, Yemen, that killed 14 soldiers at a military training camp.
Troops loyal to embattled President Abedrabbo Mansour Hadi were in the midst of a training session with Sudanese forces in collaboration with the Saudi-led coalition at the Ras Abbas camp. A man disguised as a solider joined them and then "detonated his explosive vest among soldiers,” a military source said to AFP.
After the attack, the Yemeni conscripts evacuated the camp. Training has been put on hold.
The Aden and Abyan Province branch of Daesh released a statement that they carried out the attack, but put the death toll at 20 soldiers.
Another attack occurred a day earlier in Aden, claimed by Al-Qaeda militants. On Tuesday, a failed attack on the convoy of Aden's general and police chief left four militants dead.
As Yemen is embroiled in a turbulent war between embattled President Hadi and the Houthi rebels, militant extremist groups such as Daesh and Al-Qaeda are gaining group in the southeast of the country. Both militant groups have carried out an increasing number of suicide attacks in major cities over the past few months.
Advertisement
Top Headlines
RECENT ARTICLES
- Suicide bomb at Yemen military camp kills at least 10
- Daesh claims responsibility for attacks on Yemen army
- Al-Aqsa Martyrs Claims Responsibility for Army Camp Attack; Israel Says It Captured Three Suicide Bombers Alive
- Yemeni man killed by extremists for ‘apostasy’ in Aden
- Daesh claims responsibility for mosque bombing in Yemen’s Sanaa




















