Damascus radio blasts US “rumors” on Syrian-Russian nuclear cooperation
Damascus Radio slammed Monday what some US officials “spread” as “rumors” regarding Syrian-Russian cooperation in nuclear research as a “misinformation campaign by Israel and the Zionist lobby in the US”.
The state-run radio reported that the said campaign aims to “create a new strategy in the region as to realize for Israel a golden opportunity to complete its Torah Zionist project”, according to SANA news agency.
The Syrian radio further stressed that Israel alone in the region possesses and stockpiles weapons of mass destruction and nukes and rejects signing the NPT (Non-Proliferation Treaty).
“Syria has repeatedly called for the non-proliferation of nukes in the region and for the implementation of international legitimacy resolutions”, the radio said. (Albawaba.com)
- Damascus Radio blasts US policy on Iraq; slams silence over '\'Israeli nukes'\'
- Damascus Radio: Israel practices “Systematic terrorism” against Palestinians
- Damascus Radio: US double-standard policy indicates hostility towards Arab causes
- Damascus Radio strongly blasts US bias towards Israel
- Damascus Radio praises Assad visit to UK; says Israel – source of terrorism