Damascus Radio hails as '\'turning point'\' Assad's China visit
Damascus Radio stressed on Wednesday that President Bashar al-Assad’s visit to China is a "turning point" in relations between the two countries that would serve them in their joint struggle against hegemony and occupation.
"During his meeting with President Bashar al-Assad, Chinese President Hu Jintao asserted Syria’s key role in the peace process and stability in the Middle East as well as China’s support to the Arab issues, the restoration of the occupied Arab lands, the implementation of the relevant international resolutions and the achievement of just and comprehensive peace in the region" the Radio said in its political commentary, cited by SANA.
The state-run radio pointed out that China plays a pivotal role in Arab issues.
"The two sides’ identical viewpoints regarding political issues and the signing of nine agreements of cooperation in different domains will prepare the ground for developing wider relations between the two countries in the fields of economic and commercial cooperation", it added. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Damascus Radio: Syrian President’s diplomacy will gain support for Arab causes
- Damascus Radio hails Assad's Kuwait visit
- Damascus Radio praises Assad visit to UK; says Israel – source of terrorism
- Damascus Radio stresses significance of Syrian President’s upcoming visit to Britain
- Syria's Assad begins landmark visit to China