Damascus Radio highlights persistence of Palestinian struggle
Damascus Radio stressed Saturday the persistence of the “Palestinian brave Intifada” despite human and financial losses and the “miserable conditions” in the occupied Arab territories.
The state-run radio affirmed that the Intifada, currently entering its third year, witnessed many acts of heroism as well as tragic events, SANA said. “The will of strife and resistance are continuous despite of (the) increasing of … Israeli terrorism”, the Syrian radio added.
It also asserted that Israel had exploited the September 11 attacks against the US to wage a propaganda war against Arab and Muslims. The Radio pointed out the reversed position, in which Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon becomes a “man of peace”, while the Palestinian people are considered the “criminal”, who “deserve the perpetrated practices of killing and assassination.”
“The dangerous situation in the region became more sensitive and critical in the current time where the US and Israeli interests met to make the aggression against Iraq with all of its catastrophic possibilities”, the radio concluded. (Albawaba.com)
- Damascus radio: Israeli government on brink of collapse
- Damascus Radio: Israel exploits September 11 attacks
- Damascus Radio: Israeli leader returns Mid-East to “square one”
- Damascus Radio praises Palestinian Uprising; says it is “stronger” than “Zionist brutality”
- Damascus Radio: Resistance to continue till Israeli occupation ends