Damascus Radio: Israel “using” regional tension to increase crimes against Palestinians
Damascus Radio on Monday said it was not coincidental that the US military build up comes alongside the escalation of Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon’s “destruction, killing and demolition practices in the West Bank and Gaza Strip”.
In its daily political commentary, the state-run radio said Sharon was using the deteriorated tension in the region, due to the US threats to launch a war on Iraq, to “widen the range of his crimes against the Palestinians with unlimited financial, military and political back up” from Washington.
“Even to (the) London conference, which was called for by... British Prime Minister Tony Blair, (Israeli Premier) Sharon prevented (the) Palestinian authority side to participate in the conference which includes also EU, Russia, USA and a UN representative”, the Syrian radio added.
Cited by SANA, the radio said that at a time the United States ignores the Israeli rejection of international legitimacy resolutions and the land for peace principle, Sharon and other Israeli leaders understand such US ignorance as “encouragement for defying the UN and the international legitimacy and escalate their bloody aggression on the West Bank and Gaza”.
Furthermore, the radio called on the international community to shoulder its responsibility to put an end to the Israeli crimes, which constitute a main source of danger for the region. (Albawaba.com)
- Damascus Radio slams US policy on Israeli “terrorist crimes” against Palestinian people
- Damascus Radio: West Bank '\'barrier'\' also international concern
- Damascus Radio slams US for veto of Security Council draft resolution
- Damascus Radio lashes out at US policy on Iraq, Israel
- Damascus Radio: Israel’s weapons of mass destruction pose '\'real threat'\' to region