Damascus Radio: Israeli Premier’s victory in Likud to strengthen extremism
Damascus Radio on Saturday stressed that the “terrorist (Israeli Prime Minister Ariel) Sharon could make a vital and essential change within (the) Likud (party) structure by winning the Likud election(s) over Netanyahu”.
According to the state-run radio, cited by SANA, observers, who monitor internal developments within Israel, have not ignored the indications of the “Israeli extremism escalation” with Sharon’s seeking to abort the peace process and to violate all international laws and legitimacy.
In its daily political commentary, the Syrian radio indicated that the developments followed the September 11 events and the US position, which moved away from fighting terrorism into supporting the “brutal Israeli terrorism against the Palestinian people, villages and towns”, which have helped Premier Sharon intentionally mix between terrorism and the legitimate resistance being conducted by all peoples of the world.
Sharon’s achievement of leading the Likud party has given him more chances to return to the Israeli government’s presidency, which would lead to the return of “extremism”. (Albawaba.com)
- Damascus Radio: Joining of new Israeli Ministers gives way to further “Zionist extremism”
- Damascus Radio: U.S. “deviated role” in fighting terrorism
- Damascus Radio: Israel exploits September 11 attacks
- Damascus Radio: Israeli political crisis - sign of “extremism”
- Damascus Radio: Sharon’s “big deception” uncovered