Damascus Radio lashes out at US policy on Iraq, Israel
Damascus Radio on Sunday reported that the United States has continued to exert pressure on the United Nations to get an “extremist resolution” concerning Iraq, amid the increase of further troops and US warships in the Gulf region.
In its daily political commentary, the state-run radio, cited by SANA, stressed the growing hatred towards US policy, not only in the Arab and Islamic arenas, but also in the entire world.
The Syrian radio emphasized that instead of cooperating with countries to eradicate terrorism, the American administration has “rewarded the Israelis” with aid that mounts to billions of dollars and has exerted efforts to hinder and prevent the United Nations Security Council from taking any decisive measures regarding “Israeli crimes against the Palestinians”.
Furthermore, the radio warned against the catastrophic consequences of a possible US war against Baghdad, which would endanger the security of the region and the world. (Albawaba.com)
- Damascus Radio: US seeks to control regional oil
- Damascus Radio slams US policy on Israeli “terrorist crimes” against Palestinian people
- Damascus Radio: US double-standard policy indicates hostility towards Arab causes
- Damascus Radio: US “turning blind eye” to “Israeli crimes”
- Damascus Radio: US seeks to re-arrange Middle East