Damascus radio slams '\'Greater Middle East'\' project
Damascus Radio stressed Tuesday the failure of American Under-Secretary of State Mark Grossman’s visit to a number of countries in the Middle East since it seeked "marketing a rejected project of the so-called Greater Middle East".
"The project aims at ignoring the Arabs’ culture, historical heritage, civilization and aspirations," the report said.
In its daily political commentary, the Radio, cited by SANA, said the project aims only at "protecting the American interests" because it "neglects...basic issues in the region such as occupation, mass displacing and acts of killing practiced by Israel against the Arabs", especially against the Palestinian people. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Arab foreign ministers launch talks on political reform, Iraq, Israel-Palestine conflict
- Damascus Radio strongly slams US envoys Mid-East mission
- Damascus Radio urges Arabs, world - to force Israel to comply with Security Council resolutions
- Damascus radio: Israel has '\'no desire for peace'\'
- Damascus Radio slams Bush speech on Iraq