Damascus Radio: US hawks wish to turn 2003 into year of “death and destruction”
Damascus Radio on Tuesday stressed the “terrible suffering” of the Palestinian people and the turning of the occupied Arab territories into a “huge concentration camp” and into a “wide shooting field, where the Israeli soldiers are testing ... American weapons by killing children, women and elderly”.
In its daily political commentary, the state-run radio, cited by SANA, described Christmas as a very sad one due to the Israeli occupation troops roaming the streets of Bethlehem, Jerusalem and all the Palestinian cities, “opening fire indiscriminately and arresting hundreds of citizens on (a) daily basis, while the world is watching silently in compliance with the logic of might”.
Furthermore, the Syrian radio said that instead of gearing up international efforts to end the suffering of the Palestinian and Iraqi people, the “American hawks want to turn the new year into a year of death and destruction”. (Albawaba.com)
- The longstanding abuse of refugees in the Levant: Sabra and Shatila resonates after 30 years
- Accepting Reality: America Lost the War in Iraq
- Rachel Corrie vs. Arab Bank: hypocrisy and injustice in the US' legal system
- Netanyahu spins his words, but it's all the same when it comes to Palestine
- Damascus Radio: Israeli policies include killing and destruction