Damascus Radio: West Bank '\'barrier'\' also international concern
The world is facing the problem of the Israeli separation wall which constitutes not only a Palestinian or an Arab problem - but an international one as well, Damascus Radio said.
In its daily political commentary Monday, the state-run radio asserted that constructing the wall is not a "security issue" as Israeli prime minister Ariel Sharon claims, but a "flagrant aggression and discrimination" that should be proved illegal and ought to be removed because it aims at "eating-up" Palestinian territories, destroying the Palestinian people's lives and blowing up the possibilities of achieving Mid-East peace.
The Radio, cited by SANA, concluded by stressing the importance of restoring balance to "our uni-polar world", which, according to the report, faces many dangers. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Damascus Radio: Israel “using” regional tension to increase crimes against Palestinians
- Palestinians demand halt of construction also in east Jerusalem
- AL chief discusses illegality of West Bank barrier
- Issue of West Bank fence to be reviewed by International Court of Justice; Hamas vows to resume attacks
- Two settlers wounded as Israel says International Court of Justice has no authority to discuss ''security fence''