Damascus: Some 20 regime supporters killed in blast
Some 20 people were killed and some 50 injured in a double bombing at a funeral in a suburb of Damascus, reports said Tuesday, quoting eyewitnesses.
The reports said the explosions were heard in Jaramana suburb of the capital during a a funeral procession to the cemetery. The victims of the attack attended the funerals of two people who were killed the day before in a car bomb explosion in Damascus. They were pro-regime supporters.
Meanwhile, the Russian military advisers have not left Syria and they continue to work in this country, said the General Chief of Staff of the Russian Armed Forces Nikolai Makarov. "Why are you concerned about Syria? Every project we have in this country is in force. Nobody has left, everyone works as planned," the general told reporters. "It is too early to draw a definitive line," he added.
- 12 dead in Syria as regime reports violence increased since arrival of monitors
- At least 20 die in Aleppo bakery blast as Iran expect national dialogue
- Twelve killed by regime blasts in Damascus and Idlib
- Assad loyalists targeted in Damascus, northern Syria
- Car bomb kills at least twenty people in Damascus province