Palestinian Agriculture Ministry dumps half a ton of Israeli settlement dates
The Palestinian Ministry of Agriculture on Monday dumped over 500 kilograms of dates produced in illegal Israeli settlements.
Director of the Jerusalem office of the ministry, Ahmad Lafi, told Ma'an that the produce was seized by officers and discarded in the al-Ram area.
A total of around 100 cartons were destroyed.
Palestinians should boycott settlement products and support Palestinian produce instead, Lafi added.
The Palestinian Authority announced its boycott of settlement produce in early 2010. Israeli settlements in the occupied West Bank are illegal under international law.
- ADC Protests General Motor’s Sponsorship of Conference in Israeli Settlement
- Intifada losses to date estimated at $2.5 billion
- Palestinian agriculture lost $820 million intifada outbreak
- Palestinian official calls Israel settlement plan “slap in face” for US
- Saudi Agricultural Bank assesses date production