Palestinian Agriculture Ministry dumps half a ton of Israeli settlement dates
The Palestinian Ministry of Agriculture on Monday dumped over 500 kilograms of dates produced in illegal Israeli settlements.
Director of the Jerusalem office of the ministry, Ahmad Lafi, told Ma'an that the produce was seized by officers and discarded in the al-Ram area.
A total of around 100 cartons were destroyed.
Palestinians should boycott settlement products and support Palestinian produce instead, Lafi added.
The Palestinian Authority announced its boycott of settlement produce in early 2010. Israeli settlements in the occupied West Bank are illegal under international law.
- EU parliament calls for Israel boycott
- Netanyahu rejects calls for Israeli settlement freeze as peace talks precondition
- Israel plans over 1,000 new settler units in West Bank
- Israeli settlers due to move into illegally built homes despite criticism
- Israel will not freeze illegal settlement construction in Jerusalem, official says