Dead Body Of Elderly Palestinian Man Found in West Bank
A body of a dead elderly Palestinian man was found Saturday near the northern West Bank town of Jenin, and believed to have been the victim of Israeli gunfire the day before, hospital sources said, quoting relatives.
Mohamed Fahd Maali, 68, was shot in the chest with a live bullet during clashes between Palestinians and Israeli soldiers while on his way to work Friday as a workshop security guard, the same source said.
His body was found under a tree near the village of Tel by relatives who had been searching for him.
In another incident, Palestinian police accidentally killed a Palestinian civilian in a shooting incident overnight in the West Bank city of Ramallah, a Palestinian security source said Saturday.
Khaled Walid Tarifi, 25, was hit by gunfire after he failed to stop at a police roadblock at the southern entrance to the city.
"The victim did not obey an order to halt, and the police fired on his car," the source told AFP.
This is the first time that the Palestinian police have killed one of their own compatriots since violence broke out in the region on September 28 and brings to 335 the number of people killed since then -- (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinian Police Accidentally Kill Palestinian Overnight
- One Palestinian Killed in the West Bank, Another Dies of Injuries
- Two Palestinians killed in West Bank; Israel cuts off movement of Palestinians in Gaza Strip
- Fourteen Palestinians Killed, One Clinically Dead in Clashes with Israeli Soldiers
- Settlers kill Palestinian in West Bank