Death toll of construction accident rises
The death toll in Sunday's construction accident in the Al Liyyah area rose Monday to six, with one of the victims dying during surgery.
Sharjah Police are still investigating the cause of the tragic accident in which the scaffolding collapsed, plunging 13 workers to the ground 15 metres below, and sending steel bars and 100 tonnes of wet cement cascading on top of them.
Until Monday afternoon, a rescue team was looking for the body of the fifth worker thought to be buried in the concrete, Gulf News reported. Of the five who died on Sunday, two were retrieved immediately, and another two recovered later. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Death Toll Mounts to 12 in Italian Mountain Accidents
- Garden Pump Kills Worker in Bahrain
- German minister: Tunisia synagogue blast – “attack” not accident; Death toll rises to 16
- UK soldier dies in Basra ''accident'' as death toll rises to 67 in Irbil twin attacks
- Death toll from Turkey bus crash rises to 21