Death Toll Rises to 49 in Palestinian-Israeli Clashes
A Palestinian teenager was shot dead in the West Bank town of Nablus on Monday, hospital officials said, bringing the death toll in violence in Israel and the Palestinian territories to 49 since Friday, hospital officials said.
Earlier an Arab Israeli man was shot dead by Israeli forces during a violent demonstration in Sakhnin in northern Israel, hospital sources said.
In Jericho, a Palestinian man was killed with a bullet to the head fired by Israeli forces, while another Arab Israeli was killed in northern Israel, hospital sources.
The Palestinian, visiting from Jordan, was identified as Ibrahim Samir Barahmah, 27, and was the second to be killed in the city, which up until Monday had escaped the violence raging across the Palestinian territories.
The Arab Israeli, Ala Khaled Mansur, 18, was killed during clashes in Araba in northern Israel, where Israeli forces fired on demonstrators from attack helicopters.
A total of four Palestinians, six Arab Israelis and one Israeli civilian have died on Monday in violence in Israel, the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
One of those killed in clashes in the Gaza Strip earlier identified as a 13-year-old boy is now reported by hospital officials to be a 22-year-old member of the Palestinian security forces - JERUSALEM (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinians, Israelis Launch Marathon Peace Talks in Egypt as Death Toll Rises in Palestinian Territories
- Palestinian Death Toll Rises to Four Monday
- Death Toll Rises to 51 in Palestine Clashes by Monday Evening
- Six Palestinians, Israeli Soldier Killed in Clashes in Gaza, West Bank
- Six killed in Yemen clashes brings week's death toll to 22