Death Toll Rises to 51 in Palestine Clashes by Monday Evening
A Palestinian policeman was killed in a gun battle with Israeli forces in the West Bank town of El Bireh on Monday, a hospital official said, bringing the overall death toll from clashes to 51.
Ahmed Fayad, 23, was shot in the chest in clashes that also left 19 Palestinians injured.
The eruption of violence followed the funeral -- attended by some 3,000 mourners -- of another member of the Palestinian security forces who was killed in violence in nearby Ramallah the day before.
A total of seven Palestinians have died in Monday's violence, in addition to five Arab Israelis shot by police in violent confrontations in northern Israel and two who died from wounds received Sunday, and an Israeli Jew shot dead in an attack in the West Bank -- EL-BIREH, West Bank (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Death Toll Rises to 49 in Palestinian-Israeli Clashes
- Death Toll Rises to Nine Palestinians in Clashes with Israeli Troops on Friday
- Arab Israeli, Palestinian Killed by Israeli Army in Separate Clashes
- Palestinian Death Toll Rises to Four Monday
- Palestinian Boy Dies of Wounds Suffered in Gaza Strip Clashes