Death toll in yesterday’s St Petersburg bombing rises to 14
An injured man leaves the scene of an explosion in St Petersburg. (AFP)
The death toll in the St Petersburg train bombing has risen to 14, with another 49 wounded people still in hospital, Russian Health Minister Veronika Skvortsova said on Tuesday.
"All the patients are being treated by the best specialists," Skvortsova said in comments carried by state media.
A national of the former Soviet republic of Kyrgyzstan is being sought as a suspect in Monday's bombing in central St Petersburg.
It is considered the deadliest ever terrorist attack in Russia's second largest city.
Kyrgyzstan's National Security Committee identified the suspect as Akbarzhon Jalilov, born in 1995, Russian state news agency TASS reported.
Russian authorities said earlier that they were seeking two Central Asian nationals, a man and a woman of about 20 years old, after analysing surveillance camera video.
The bombing occurred around 2:40 pm (1240 GMT) while the train was travelling to the central station Tekhnologichesky Institut.
Russian authorities believe the bomb was placed under a seat on the train. Another bomb was found undetonated at a nearby station.