dell ushers in new era of digital lifestyle with microsoft windows® vista™
Dell today began taking orders across Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) for Dell desktop and notebook computers pre-loaded with Microsoft Windows® Vista™.
Dell has spent more than 100,000 engineer-hours testing and validating the new operating system and is ready to help customers combine the latest developments in software and hardware for an unparalleled personal technology experience.
There have been many technological advances since the last Windows® upgrade more than five years ago. Combining Windows® Vista™ with powerful dual or quad core processors, more memory, rich graphics, wide aspect displays and larger hard drives can help customers harness the power of the new operating system.
Dell systems equipped with Vista™ are designed to deliver a rich digital lifestyle experience, combined with secure operations and ease of use. For example, customers can easily record and watch high definition video, organize digital photo and music libraries, quickly search data and multimedia files and browse the Internet with better protection from spyware and phishing scams.
Nearly two-thirds of Dell customers purchasing systems during the recent holiday buying season registered for a Windows® Vista™ upgrade.
Dell works with Microsoft® and other partners on an ongoing basis to make the computing experience faster, easier and better. With Windows®, for example:
• Engineers have logged more than 100,000 hours testing and validating the software on Dell hardware
• Dell has experimented with more than 500,000 different product configurations to help ensure the combinations work
• More than 3000 Dell customer support employees have been thoroughly trained on Vista™ to make sure they can help customers with questions.
The initial roll-out of Windows® Vista™-installed systems will be in English, French, German and Spanish. Additional languages will be available in the weeks ahead.
To optimize Windows® Vista™, Dell recommends, Dell recommends customers consider systems configured with dual-core or quad-core processors, more memory (2GB memory for optimal performance), a dedicated graphics card with 256 MB of memory and large hard drives. For more information, visit www.dell.com/vista.
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services they trust and value. Uniquely enabled by its direct business model, Dell sells more systems globally than any other computer company, placing it No. 25 on the Fortune 500. For more information, visit www.dell.com. To get Dell news direct, visit www.dell.com/RSS.
- dell colours your world with sunshine yellow notebooks!
- Microsoft’s Windows Vista predicted to usher in new era of gameplay
- AMD and Microsoft Collaboration Enables World-class Windows Vista™ Experience
- Dell’s new convertible tablet and Ultrabook Push the boundaries of computing
- Dell celebrates five years of Partner Direct in EMEA and announces new partner tool