Diver at Dubai Event Nearly Dies
A European diver performing at the Discovery 2000 fairground nearly killed himself during his bridge-diving performance after he passing out in the water following his dive.
The Belgian-born diver, Pascal Lefrang, said that after misjudging the distance to the water he changed his position too early, Gulf Daily News reports. ``I opened too early and flipped over,'' he told the daily. "My chest smacked against the water and I passed out. Luckily my colleague saw me and dived in to save me. If he hadn't done that, I probably wouldn't be here today."
The team has performed across Europe, in Australia, the Philippines and China.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Cypriot diver sent behind bars for assault of British tourist
- Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Red Sea Resort guests, staff & divers team up on Beach and Underwater Reef Clean-up Event
- Lebanese Missing Diver’s Body Finally Retrieved off AUB
- Diver Enters Kursk Submarine for First Time
- Lebanon's Qaraoun Water Work Starts