Doctors: Arafat needs to undergo surgery soon
Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat needs to undergo surgery some time soon to remove gallstones, doctors say, but otherwise his health is fine, top Arafat aides said on Tuesday.
"Arafat has recovered from a severe stomach infection but
Egyptian doctors by chance found, during an examination
last month, that he has gallstones which have to be
removed at some point," Reuters cited a high-level Palestinian official as saying.
Meanwhile, an unnamed Arab diplomat said the surgery was "not urgent" and that medical teams could dispatch a
mobile hospital to his office in the West Bank city of Ramallah to operate on the Palestinian President there. (Albawaba.com)
- Amid media speculation, Palestinian sources say Arafat has large gallstone
- Sources: ''Arafat close to natural death''
- Palestinian official: Arafat in '\'critical condition'\'
- Arafat brother in ''critical'' condition as tests rule out Palestinian leader suffering from leukemia
- Egyptian doctors examine Arafat