DP World – UAE implements ‘Friday – Saturday’ weekend
DP World has announced that they have already implemented the ‘Friday – Saturday’ weekend at their UAE terminals of Jebel Ali, Port Rashid, Fujairah & Abu Dhabi as per the directive by H.H. Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan which is intended to be effective from September 2006.
The 5,500 strong UAE region workforce which earlier worked Saturday – Wednesdayimplemented the change as of July 2006. However, departments such as operations,container terminal, documentation and marine will continue to work round the clock,ensuring an uninterrupted flow of operations.
Says Mohammed Al Muallem, Head of DP World – UAE, “We always have and always will be receptive to change. The economy is forging ahead and we are in an era of a single global community. It is every industry and business unit’s responsibility to adopt practices that support their internal and external customers, across the board.”
“We completely support this initiative by His Highness and hope to see companies in the private sector follow suit”, concluded Muallem.
- Jebel Ali Port, Dubai World Security earn top honours
- Hundreds attend DP World Iftar reception
- DP World – UAE’s Jebel Ali Terminal handles a record breaking 8,571 moves in a single vessel operation
- Global recognition for Jebel Ali port’s information security management system
- DP world, UAE region wins prestigious Dubai human development award