DP World – UAE implements ‘Friday – Saturday’ weekend
DP World has announced that they have already implemented the ‘Friday – Saturday’ weekend at their UAE terminals of Jebel Ali, Port Rashid, Fujairah & Abu Dhabi as per the directive by H.H. Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan which is intended to be effective from September 2006.
The 5,500 strong UAE region workforce which earlier worked Saturday – Wednesdayimplemented the change as of July 2006. However, departments such as operations,container terminal, documentation and marine will continue to work round the clock,ensuring an uninterrupted flow of operations.
Says Mohammed Al Muallem, Head of DP World – UAE, “We always have and always will be receptive to change. The economy is forging ahead and we are in an era of a single global community. It is every industry and business unit’s responsibility to adopt practices that support their internal and external customers, across the board.”
“We completely support this initiative by His Highness and hope to see companies in the private sector follow suit”, concluded Muallem.
- Debate rages over weekend shift for KSA away from Thurs-Fri.
- "Always on Time" Ja Rule to hit Dubai nightclub Mo*Vida on Saturday
- Bahraini private sector to switch to Friday and Saturday weekend
- Saudi gets in sync, but gov't faces backlash over weekend change
- Dubai: The Final Frontier - which icons are attending Comic Con this weekend?