Drake & Scull builds new state of art labour camp at Sharjah
Leading Middle East MEP company Drake & Scull International Dubai LLC is among the first of the major players to build a new labour camp based on laws aimed at improving the living conditions of workers.
The new state of art labour camp at Sharjah will house 3652 employees; it includes all of the facilities expected under the new laws, including separate kitchen and amenity blocks and a health clinic.
Drake & Scull Human Logistics Manager Moutaz Okasheh says while the new camp has been designed with the new laws in mind, it also reflects Drake & Scull’s commitment to its workforce.
“We recognise that our employees are our most important asset,” he said.
The new camp is being built at a total cost of AED 40,000,000 and will open at the end of December 2007.
Drake & Scull employs more than 10,000 people in the UAE and Middle East across its total Middle East operations.
About Drake & Scull International
Drake & Scull International is an integrated end-to-end service provider in the field of electrical and mechanical engineering and has provided high quality services to clients across the Middle East since 1964. Drake & Scull’s expertise spans from providing complete solutions through design-and-build to engineering, procurement and construction (EPC), as well as the maintenance and operations of District Cooling Plants.
- Drake & Scull subsidiary awarded project worth AED 140 million by CAMPCO Properties
- Drake & Scull subsidiary awarded project worth AED 140 million by CAMPCO Properties LLC
- Habtoor Leighton Specon – Drake & Scull Engineering Joint Venture signs AED 395 million Jewel of the Creek MEP contract in Dubai for Dubai International Real Estate
- Drake & Scull progresses into Q3 with AED 3.4 billion worth of projects in H1
- Dubai Investments organizes health camp for labourers