Driver of Pakistani Businessman Kills Six, Including Three Women
A chauffeur Monday shot dead a Pakistani businessman's wife, her three maid servants, a driver and a manservant in the port city of Karachi, police said.
Sher Khan, 45, overpowered the security guard of shipowner Abdul Hameed Paracha, snatched his revolver and shot him dead, police said.
Khan then barged into the house and gunned down Paracha's wife, a male servant and three women employees, police officer Majeed Dasti told AFP.
The motive was not immediately known.
Police said they suspected the driver had some dispute with the victims that led to the murders.
"We are still investigating the motive but it appears to be some personal dispute as the accused did not rob the house," Dasti said.
The driver fled in Paracha's car, he said.
Paracha was reported to be in Singapore – KARACHI (AFP)
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iraq: U.S. fire kills four civilians as six die in suicide bombing
- US forces kill another civilian in checkpoint; Iraq's Olympic headquarters bombed
- A theatrical pick’n’mix from Beirut
- At least seven Iraqis wounded during job protest, two Iraqis killed in firefight
- Seven Pakistani police men shot in Karachi