Drug Smuggling Through the Mail
Experts have recently discussed in Lebanon ways to stop drug smugglers from using postal systems for distributing the illegal goods.
Representatives from the local police and officials from France, the USA, Italy, Canada and the UK attended this special symposium. It also included delegates from mail and delivery companies as well as the Lebanese customs authorities, a Safir daily reports.
The Lebanese police chief Samir Subh said that the drug smugglers are wise enough to rely on the mail as a major vehicle for their illegal operations. For his part, the British liaison officer, John Huston, said that drug smuggling through the mail is very popular. He added that those who use this channel reduce their chances of being caught.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Dubai Customs foils a bid to smuggle 125 heroin capsules through Dubai International Airport
- Dubai Customs confiscates several attempts to smuggle Heroin through Dubai Airport
- UAE POSTAL AUTHORITY REPORTS INCREASE IN MAIL
- Report: Israel ranks third in the world for overseas drug smuggling
- Dubai Customs foils a bid to smuggle 16 Kg of heroin through cargo village