DSS 2009 Photography Exhibition announces winners on concluding day of display
The DSS 2009 Photography Exhibition, a signature event of the summer extravaganza, announced the winners for the photography competition held on the concluding day of the exhibition on Thursday, August 13. The jury picked three winners from a selection of 180 images displayed by around 40 amateur, press, and professional photographers.
The theme, ‘Emarati Cultural Heritage’, proved to be a favourite of a majority of the participants and also saw the participation of numerous Emarati photographers. Ibrahim Saleh, Coordinator General of Dubai Shopping Festival Office and Fuad Najjar, Vice President of Deira City Centre, gave out the awards to the winners.
Amer Mohammed Abu Kurail won in the professional category while Kamal Mohammed Ahmed secured the first place in the press category. Mohammed Siraj won the first place in the amateur category.
- Annie Leibovitz Teams Up with Orchard Represents by Getty Images
- DSS 2008 Photography Exhibition concludes with World Photography Day
- DSS 2009 Photography Exhibition officially opens in Deira City Centre amidst traditional ambience
- A glimpse of Emarati heritage through DSS 2009 Photography Exhibition in Deira City Centre
- Dubai Summer Surprises 2009 announces its Signature Events