DTCM Announces Key Initiative to Boost Dubai’s Tourism Industry
The government of Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing announced a key initiative following the conclusion of the 17th DTCM Hotel and Hotel Apartment Group meeting at the Capitol Hotel in Dubai recently.
In an official statement, Khalid A. bin Sulayem, the DTCM director general, said that “Dubai is taking a very pro-active stance and is working out some innovative schemes in support of the local tourism industry.”
“Most important among these projects is the development and promotion of an exceptional Christmas Shopping Package designed to appeal to a worldwide audience,” bin Sulayem said.
He noted that the DTCM in association with the leading hotels, shopping malls, airlines and the local travel trade was working out an exceptional package to attract visitors to shop in Dubai ahead of the festive season.
The package, according to the press release, will extend over a period of one month from Nov. 15 to Dec. 15 and will be promoted worldwide by the DTCM’s head office in Dubai and the international network of 14 overseas offices, bin Sulayem said.
Other matters discussed at the meeting included the need to pursue a flexible cancellation policy by the hotels and travel trade to safeguard the long-term interests of the destination Dubai.
The Hotel and Hotel Apartment Group represents the interests of the entire hotel industry and provides an open forum for industry professionals on contemporary and emerging issues facing the hospitality industry and seeks regular feedback – Aalbawaba.com
- DTCM announces winning hotels under “Dubai Green Tourism Award”
- DTCM and DEPE announce GCC road show to promote Dubai as a summer destination
- Government initiatives boost revenues of Dubai’s city hotels
- Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing strengthens ties with travel trade partners in Germany
- DTCM discusses global and local market trends, new promotional initiatives with overseas office representatives