Dubai’s Firms to Get Links to Civil Defense Website
Dubai’s commercial establishments and major landscapes will be linked with Dubai Civil Defense’s central fire alarm system, which will be available online soon, according to Gulf News, citing a senior Civil Defense official.
Apart from hospitals and factories, Dubai Civil Defense had made it mandatory for shopping malls, high-rise buildings, and warehouses (including those used for chemical storage) to install smoke and fire detectors linked to the central fire alarm, Nasser Al Shamsi head of information technology told the paper.
The central fire alarm station, he added, will be linked with Dubai Municipality's Geographic Information System through the Government Information Network – connecting all government departments under the e-government initiatives
According to statistics posted on the DCD website, 26 factories caught fire between 1991-1998. In the same period, 29 hotel fire incidents and 78 in warehouses were reported -- Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Dubai Civil Defense launches Website
- A clash of civilizations: are foreigners newly entering the Saudi stock market about to face a culture shock?
- Poor maintenance of old neighborhoods, warehouses and industrial complexes may be linked to electrical fires
- Frauds in power? VPs, CEOs in UAE hold fake degrees, without knowing it
- International pressure mounts on Syria as press freedoms come under scrutiny