Dubai Achievements on Display in Istanbul
The progress of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) was showcased at an exhibition held Saturday on the sidelines of a "Sister Cities" summit hosted by Turkey.
Qassim Sultan, the director general of Dubai municipality, attended the opening ceremony, which was inaugurated by Erol Cakir, the governor of Istanbul.
The governor went around the exhibition in which Dubai Municipality had set up a pavilion to showcase the accomplishments of the UAE and Dubai, the Dubai-based Khaleej Times reported.
Sultan received mayors and city officials at the municipality's pavilion and briefed them on the exhibits, including photos illustrating the all-around progress and development Dubai has witnessed over the past few years.
The guests then watched a film on Dubai City. All cities that have representation in the summit have participated in the exhibition.
In addition, several other cities which did not attend the summit due to the current international situation have made their presence felt in the exhibition.
Later, Sultan received at his residence Ali Mufid, the mayor of Istanbul, and exchanged with him views on issues of mutual concern.
Their talks also focused on the ways to develop relations between Istanbul and Dubai – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Going for gold! Dubai shooting for world record with New Year's fireworks display
- Istanbul Chamber Of Commerce Chief Visits Dubai Airport Freezone
- Istanbul to Host Finance Summit
- Turkish Airlines celebrates Istanbul Shopping Festival by offering more baggage allowance for travelers from the UAE
- France to display its expertise at the Dubai horse fair