Dubai arrests African with $6,000,000 in forged currency
An African man was arrested at Dubai airport with forged Dollars and Euros worth a total amount of over six million dollars, customs authorities said Sunday.
"The forged bank-notes were seized with an African citizen who landed at the airport from an African country," said Sultan al-Joker, acting chief of Dubai's customs authority, quoted by the official Emirates news agency.
He said the man, whose nationality was not disclosed, would be tried on charges of possessing fake currency. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Dubai Customs foil the smuggling of forged money
- Dubai Customs seizes 1000 counterfeited travelers cheques in dollars and euros on their way to the UAE during Eid
- Dubai Customs seizes 1000 counterfeited travelers cheques in dollars and euros
- Beiersdorf Middle East posts excellent 2009 results
- $800 million worth of foreign currency seized from Saudi vehicle